Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Finland: "My workmates .. asked me why I wanted to go and kill Palestinian children"


An article in Helsinki Times on Finnish Jews who serve in the IDF, manages to distort history, and bring the Finnish view of Israel - soldiers who kill Palestinian children for no reason.

I don't know which history books this journalist used to write her history of Israel and Palestine, but it has nothing to do with reality.  The UN approved a partition of Palestine into two states: Jewish and Arab.  Israel 'declared independence' in the Jewish state.  Every Arab country in the region then set to wipe this UN-approved country off the map.

The Second World War changed the Middle East. The genocide of six million Jews by Nazi Germany was an event that brought sympathy for the Jewish people all over the world. Hundreds of thousands of Jews sought refuge in the Holy Land. When Israel declared itself independent in 1948, there was little resistance, though it was known that this would mean that the Palestinians would be left without a country.   
(...)

My workmates in Finland asked me why I wanted to go and kill Palestinian children. I told them it wasn’t like that. That you had to do your research and learn more about it.”

No comments :

Post a Comment